Thursday, February 16, 2012

Be a man...

Who will feed your fam if you don't, who'll teach your son to be a man if you won't,
(In my case) my grandfather did everything that he could do, but in all actuality it was more than he should...of had to do,
I was fortunate - you know one of the few that had a righteous father figure to look up to,
But it didn't last for long...G-Pops was well off in his years, soon after I felt the pain that was hurting my peers,...of not having a man there through the toughest years - of life, teaching me self respect and how to choose a wife,
You'd be amazed by the shit I had to learn on my own, like..how to turn a project apartment into a happy home, - even when the rents late,
For lack of dead presidents call me Lorenz Tate,
Can you relate to this irate slash at times neglected mind state...of wanting to ask my father, "motherfucker why mate..how could you procreate then ignore what you create?!?",...be a man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment