Thursday, February 16, 2012

Piece Of Mine

Learned my own lessons to become my own instructor,
Multiple trains of thought I think need my own conductor,
I speak of freedoms and see faith as her obstructor,...tradition is her abductor,...the constitution fucked her,
I live on a land where they say we all free all in still I need six separate forms of ID...just to get an ID,
Man...I-D-clare I wear a mental trauma worse than any warfare,
The dapper don draped in an elegant despair, so bright you could lose your eyesight if you dare..stare at this rare breath of fresh air,
I live life on the humble in a concrete jungle where daily it gets harder not stumble,...but my balance is impeccable, my choices are selectable, the truth I speak delectable, the lies easily detectable, my opinion inflexible, respect is so respectable,
My minds frame has been impossible to tame since the day I became...more than a social number and a given sir name,
More than a statistic in a world so sadistic...that it's not uncharacteristic for the sane to go ballistic,
Tread lightly when you ask me what I'm thinking of...chances are I'm scaling the fence of HATE or LOVE,
In defense if you say that I'm out of...the very mind that I've grown to be proud of,
Feeding it until it becomes obese from a truth filled feast...would you like a piece?!,....food for thought - COOK FOR YOUR DAMN SELF,
Damn self...thank you for turning down that mental fast food,
I season my own thoughts and bake my emotions...deep fry my nightmares and steam my devotion...

No comments:

Post a Comment