Thursday, October 28, 2010

Realizations

My writing has undergone a transition and now it's major component is best described as a compilation of random realizations.
A lot has been starting to make sense to me now a days. It's almost like I've seen the "light" although somehow it still feels pitch black.
That's why these realizations mean more to me then any poem I've ever written.
These realizations bare a hint of an overtone that could one day make me as happy as I believe I deserve to be.
These realizations are like a mirror being held directly in front of my mind body and soul.
These realizations are granting me the serenity to cope with what I can't change.
These realizations are allowing me to see certain aspects of life for what they really are.
With all this said some of these realizations are not welcomed. Some of these realizations have enabled me to see sides of myself that I thought were long dead and gone.
Sides such as my lack of social development. It's that same lack of social development that has in the past and at times during the present made me feel like a social outcast.
Somehow as time has gone by I've manage to over look that social development. I cast it aside and convinced myself that it was irrelevant.
I told myself over and over and over again that I didn't need the world to "get me". It worked for a while, but having few people that understand you and comprehend your mindset and view point will turn you into a social misfit.
It will leave you feeling alone in a world that's over populated.
These realizations are a gift and a curse for they provide a light at the end of the tunnel yet remind me of how dark it still is inside that very tunnel.
I guess i have no choice, but to continue to realize what life is really about and shine bright for those around me stuck in darker places then I....

No comments:

Post a Comment