Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Mask


I just came to the conclusion that I never took my mask off!!
I swapped it out!!
Staring at my reflection I can now see it's outlines!!
For the most part the mask I wear today is a little more socially acceptable!!
In the past people were terrified by my mask which intern made me terrified to show they the real me under my mask!!
I mean if you can't cope with the image I portray then how can I expect you to cope with the actual image of ME!!
But back to my old mask, some of my loved ones got so use to that mask they began to ignore the fact I was wearing one in the first place!!
For what it's worth the mask served it's purpose, it hid pain,depression and turmoil all alike!!
But I wore the same mask for too long!!
I attempted to take it off, what I saw was a beautiful ugly I wasn't sure anyone could bare so I convinced myself that another updated new and improved mask would now conceal the aspect of me I'm so desperately hiding from the world!!
That's when I found the mask I wear today!!
It was custom made by me for me!!
It was made to accent my good qualities and conceal my poor qualities!!
It was made so not even my best of friends or loveliest of lovers could notice Im wearing it!!
It was made to deceive those at first glance!!
My new mask gave me a temporary strength to face the world!!
The new mask fit better then the first one!!
But all in still whenever I would look in the mirror I still saw the same eyes!!
Those you can't mask and conceal!!
Those always tell the truth!!
So I decided to listen when my eyes told me that they knew I was wearing the mask and they would never look at me the same of I didn't take it off!!
Via a few blinks and a long stare me and my eyes went back and for until my eyes convinced me to no longer mask my actual identity!!
So I took my second mask off and I'm now showing a select few my actual appearance that extends far beyond physical!!
My question to you is do you like what you've begun to see,
Because me, ehhh I'm not sure yet!!
I'm my biggest critic therefore it will naturally take me longer to realize looking from inside out!!
But you, you looking from outside in,do you like what you've begun to see?
either way one thing is for sure..I'll never allow myself to forget how to make a convincing mask!!
I never know when if ever I'll need one again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment