Sunday, September 4, 2011

High Hopes

I proclaim this order is disorder as I trespass over each imaginary border,
In a land where you can barely drink the water...unless you'd like a dose Floride, plus you can't hide...it flows through your plumbing no matter where you reside,
That's why my civic pride died - on the day I was denied the simple right to decide,
Therefore...since my third eye opened I have yet to let it blink in a world whose inhabitants are to lazy to think,
I put two and two together and think outside of the box that once restrained me with physiological locks, that were tougher than escaping out of two Fort Knox,
Now I'm banging on the system - when most people are too afraid to knock, all in still they mock me cus I won't flock...to the next trend designed to raise a company's stock,
And even worse they criticize the moment you begin to rise,
Now I'm forced to improvise with high hopes to stay wise - while time flies, knowledge is being draped in a disguise and even worse..taught to mimic lies,
So my ears now decipher the cries but my eyes remain on the prize,
Which is less like a prize - more the way I want to live - but first I had to learn to GIVE a fuck again,
That last line might be the realest shit I've ever penned or typed out before I pressed send,
As I document this journey to not only ascend but universally transcend...
Pardon if my stubborn ways left you offended...after all that wasn't what I intended,
As far as life goes I've just begun to comprehend it - with high hopes - that my time on earth can somehow be extended!!

No comments:

Post a Comment