Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recycled Love


I'm with you nightly in my dreams as I redeem..the love the I live with while awake,
It's the irony of love when it makes your heart ache,
When the same love you create is what forces your heart to break,
My love was an ocean now it's looking like a lake,
By next year it will be a pond...in a few years a puddle...due to the decisions I'm making and risk I'm not taking, the promises I'm breaking and the hope I've been forsaking,
My soul is aching and my hands are shaking...as I write this - I reminisce on every single kiss that brought bliss...to the overwhelming despair that my heart wore,
When my heart tore vacancy became it's new decor,
The simple act of smiling became a forced chore,
Like being stranded on a beach with an endless shore...and I don't know how to swim,
So all my answers have to come from within,
I let my heart guide me to a certain degree,
It's like wearing your heart on a long sleeve...in a short sleeved world....get it?!?,
If not forget it...that metaphor is to deep for me to explain,
I'm just waiting for the love that I have yet to attain,
In reality I have but it came it went,
All I have left is her scent...trapped in my mental rolodex,
All that lingers are the after effects, the aspects of meaningless sex,
That we as HUEmans choose to neglect,
Which eventually subjects...one to feeling like an object,
I used to want a girl now I need a woman,
Just a woman that's super not a superwoman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment