Wednesday, June 15, 2011

From There To Here

I slipped once and fell..it was hard to get up,
I mean I fucked up in life an it was hard to look up,
I was down on my luck...the crazy part was I kinda didn't give a fuck,
I let depression run amuck...over me,
Which felt like depression ran a truck over me,
I thought i died but I was still alive bleeding pride,
Thinking - when did I decide to divide...the attention I applied and the reason it's supplied,
But my inner workings provide, a place for inner faults to hide...which on any day can coincide,
With the sanctuary..where my inner self resides,
On those days I learn the most from mySELF,
On those days I analyze the distance of my growth,
On those days I'm reminded of the oath...the promises and the pledges,
The narrowness of the ledges and the sharpness of the edges,
So I just can't fall...even though I might look down, because I'll still be a king - with or without a crown,
I'll still be a god without a gown or a cross,
I'll still be a winner...even when I've lost,
I've learn to stay warm while living amongst the frost...thats known as society,
I've come such a long way...to the point where words can't even begin to express what I'd like to say,
There just isn't enough time in one day...let alone a lifetime,
I mean we all come and go...so,
I've learned to value the people I've chosen to get to know,
In hopes that I can show...my inner circle how a HUEman can grow,
But not in stature or the physical, 
I'm speaking metaphysical..of the variety that offers spiritual residuals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment